Улучшить безопасность работников и свести к минимуму время простоя в добыча
Июнь 11th, 2015 by Quintolubric
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., June 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — The Mining industry faces considerable challenges in today’s world. The difference between a productive operation and an inefficient one often boils down to the right combination of people and products. Workers employ advances in chemistry to help reach higher product performance levels. It’s this collaboration between Mining companies and their suppliers that helps mines maintain, and in some cases even surpass, productivity goals. Quaker Chemical Corporation (NYSE:KWR), a global provider of process fluids and chemical specialties, values this collaboration. The company supports the Mining industry with a portfolio that includes QUINTOLUBRIC® fire-resistant longwall fluids, now with FluidSafe™ (a revolutionary additive, developed to aid in the detection and surgical removal of hydraulic fluids in the event of accidental high-pressure fluid injection), and DUSTGRIP™ dust suppressants.
Calvin Kidd, Quaker Chemical New Business Development Director for Mining, further explains, «Recognizing that each mine operation and location is unique, Quaker works intimately with our customers to identify the specific challenges and develop a solution to enhance the safety and productivity of their operations. It is the cornerstone of our ‘solutions provider approach’ that has made us a valuable supplier to our great industry.»
A 100% synthetic true solution, QUINTOLUBRIC® 818-02 is a fire-resistant hydraulic fluid used in longwall shields. It keeps operations running smoothly by:
- Maximized equipment reliability and life cycle
- Improved filterability through superior fluid dynamics and improved system cleanliness
- Highly Stable offering reliability
- Environmentally friendly
- Superior Corrosion Protection — keeps equipment clean and corrosion-free for years of service
Also, the addition of the FluidSafe™ additive to QUINTOLUBRIC® longwall fluids helps detect leaks in hydraulic hoses, fittings, seals and other components, reducing potential equipment breakdown, lost production volume and associated environmental liabilities. Furthermore, the bright fluorescent color of FluidSafe™ can be viewed under the skin using available SafetyBlu™ lights, enabling quick detection of an injection injury on site, assisting in limiting soft tissue dissection.
«The addition of FluidSafe™ to our QUINTOLUBRIC® longwall fluids reinforces our commitment to improving worker safety in the Mining industry,» states Kevin Dickey, Quaker’s Global Business Development Manager for Mining, «This revolutionary product remains visible in the tissue for at least 24 hours, assisting medical professionals’ ability to help wounded workers recover maximum functionality and continue their productive lives. Quaker is truly committed at all levels of our organization to develop innovative products for industry that improve workers health and safety, while simultaneously enhancing operational efficiency.»
For more specific information on our line of fire-resistant longwall hydraulic fluids, please visit:http://www.quakerchem.com/product/longwall-fluids/
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has required mine operators to increase the limits of total incombustible content of the combined coal dust, rock dust and other dust, and has reduced the concentration limits for coal mine dust. To alleviate industry-related issues, Quaker offers a family of DUSTGRIP™ products that:
- Reduce the generation of airborne particulate matter from mines, roads, stockpiles, rail hauls, construction sites, quarries and other areas where air-born dust is a problem;
- Increase site safety for workers;
- Are more effective than using water alone, reducing costs and saving time.
This family of dust suppressants includes:
- DUSTGRIP™ a multifunctional product that is excellent in various water treatment and washing applications as well as road way dust control
- DUSTGRIP™ 007, an easy-to-use product that forms a thin flexible seal for use on roads, track haulage, stockpiles, construction sites, quarries and other open areas
- DUSTGRIP™ TURBO, a surfactant based chemistry designed to accelerate water penetration, for use on mining, crushing, and conveying applications.
- DUSTGRIP™ RT, for use as a rail car topper, it eliminates dust emissions during transportation and storage of coal, ore and mineral stocks. Also performs well on roads and static stockpiles.
- DUSTGRIP™ 1000, an easy to use product that forms a stable and rigid seal to provide durable control and suppression for use on roads, stockpiles, construction sites, quarries, and other open areas
For more specific information on our line of dust suppressants, please visit:http://www.quakerchem.com/dustgrip
Quaker will be showcasing these product lines at the 2015 Longwall USA Exhibition and Conference, June 16-18, in Pittsburgh PA, Booth 807.
For more information on Quaker Chemical and its full product line offerings, including Chemical Management Services, please visit quakerchem.com.
About Quaker Chemical Corporation:
Quaker Chemical Corporation is a leading global provider of process fluids, chemical specialties, and technical expertise to a wide range of industries, including steel, aluminum, automotive, mining, aerospace, tube and pipe, cans, and others. For nearly 100 years, Quaker has helped customers around the world achieve production efficiency, improve product quality, and lower costs through a combination of innovative technology, process knowledge, and customized services. Headquartered in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, USA, Quaker serves businesses worldwide with a network of dedicated and experienced professionals whose mission is to make a difference. Visit www.quakerchem.com to learn more.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/product-solutions-to-improve-worker-safety-and-minimize-downtime-in-mining-operations-300097931.html
SOURCE Quaker Chemical Corporation
Eliana Holguin, Global Marketing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, T. 610.832.7897